Why Club Volleyball?
Club volleyball provides players ages 10-18 the opportunity to practice, train, and compete against other club volleyball teams on a local, regional, and national level. This high level of competition pushes athletes to be the best they can be. Playing club volleyball not only benefits the athlete physically, but over 85% of colleges recruit from club volleyball. This is a great opportunity to get exposure, and be seen and tested on a national level. Even if you are not looking to play in college, club is still a great opportunity because it builds work ethic, creates life-long friendships, and teaches you to set and achieve goals.
For more information on recruiting from club volleyball click here.
To read about the benefits of club volleyball outside of recruiting, click here.
2019 TRYOUT DATES & TIMES
CHECK-IN FOR ALL TRYOUTS WILL OPEN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE TRYOUT TIME
Where: Buchanan High School- REC (East) Gym
1560 N. Minnewawa Ave, Clovis, CA 93619
Price: $25 per age group tryout
11/12 & Under Tryouts (Separated by Gym): Sunday, November 3rd – 9:00am-11:00am
13 & Under Tryouts: Sunday, November 3rd – 11:30am-1:30pm
17 & Under Tryouts: Sunday, November 3rd – 2:00pm-4:00pm
*If you are selected for a 12-13's or 17's team, the signing meeting will be on Nov. 11th at 6pm at the
Buchanan High School MPR
**Registration for November 3rd closes at 12:00pm on Saturday, November 2nd.*R
14 & Under Tryouts: Sunday, November 10th– 9:00am-11:00am
15 & Under Tryouts: Sunday, November 10th– 11:30am-1:30pm
16 & Under Tryouts: Sunday, November 10th– 2:00pm-4:00pm
*If you are selected for a 14-16's team, the signing meeting will be on Nov. 13th at 6pm at the
Buchanan High School MPR
**Registration for November 10th closes at 12:00pm on Saturday, November 9th.
1) Athletes need to first register with NCVA by purchasing a tryout pass ($20) or season membership ($70). One of these is required for tryouts, so please bring a copy with you on the day of tryouts. Athletes will also need to use the above internal registration link. This helps us provide adequate staffing for tryouts and make registration faster on the day of try outs.
2) All athletes must fill out the online registration form and pay the tryout fee online. All forms and payments must be completed online. We ask that everyone arrive 45 minutes early to tryouts so there is enough time to check in, receive a tryout number and get sized for club uniforms.
3) Before tryouts begin, athletes will go into the women's locker room and try on sample jerseys. Their preferred size will be noted so when it comes time to order, they will know what sizes they need (if they make a team). Sizes do vary for each jersey so be sure to try on all jerseys. Please bring a female parent or guardian to help verify the size of the uniform is correct and fits appropriately.
4) When tryouts start, athletes will be guided through the tryout schedule and evaluated thoroughly by the coaching staff.
5) After all of the tryouts have concluded, coaches and Club Directors will meet and begin to select teams.
6) Emails and/or phone calls will be sent out to athletes with their placement within 24 hours after ALL tryouts are complete. Athletes/Families have 24 hours to accept or deny the offer. We will have all tentative details available before our tryouts to assist in streamlining the decision making process.
NCVA Club Information
2019-2020 Age Definitions
18 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2001 or Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2000 and a high school student in the 12th grade during some part of the academic year.
17 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2002
16 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2003
15 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2004
14 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2005
13 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2006
12 and under division: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 2007
NCVA Membership Information
All players attending tryouts (with any club) must have one of the following:
Full membership ($70.00) Good for all Tryouts and Full Season OR
Tryout pass ($20.00). Tryout passes are good for all tryouts that a player attends. Tryout passes do not extend past tryouts, once tryouts are completed you will still need to pay the full $70.00 for a full membership.
Registering for an NCVA Membership
2) Select New or Renew Membership (This option is for those who played last year)
3) Remember to write down your log in information and NCVA ID Number, as it may be required later.